; Our Joyful Blessings: Ethiopia Is Knocking On My Door!!!

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ethiopia Is Knocking On My Door!!!





I haven't been able to update our blog lately. We have been extremely busy. We're having our flooring redone and had to find alternative accommodations until the project is completed. Try juggling this and preparing for a major life changing trip. Can you say "TOTAL CRAZINESS?"

We have managed to collect a ton of donations I'd say about 300 lbs of school supplies, feminine hygiene products, deodorants, hair accessories, coloring books, crayons, craft kits, candy and baby formula.

We were able to pack most of it into our five checked bags. We're going to carry our clothes and Letarik's clothes in our carry on baggage in order to take as much of the supplies as possible to the orphans. The rest of it will be shipped to our agency upon my return.

I'm excited, nervous and anxious. I have a list of 35 families that have requested pictures and videos of their children at the orphanage. I'm taking two cameras and my brand new HD video camera. I'm planning on taking lots of pictures and footage.

Please pray for our trip to be a safe one. The next time I post I will have my beautiful daughter HOME.

7 comments:

Our journey following Christ said...

Your last couple sentences brought tears to my eyes. It is SO soon!!! I keep thinking of you, knowing that in a few short days you'll be in beautiful, life changing Ethiopia meeting your sweet daughter...ahhhhh, how wonderful!

I will be praying for every day and anxiously wait to hear from you when you return.

I didn't put my name on your 'take a picture of my child list'. I'm pretty sure you'll be doing that without my asking...right??? Thank you!!

Blessings and prayers,
Laura

Kim said...

Have fun! I am so excited for you!!

Kim & Hector

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!

I can't wait to meet my niece!

Know that we are praying you there and home!

I love you and so proud to be your Sister!

Jill

Melinda said...

I can't believe you are going in less than two days! Wow, so exciting. I can't wait to see you with your beautiful girl!

theonewhere said...

omg...how exciting!!!!!! :)
brook

Unknown said...

I'm so excited that you are on a plane right now HOME!

I'm praying for you and we can't wait to meet your beautiful daughter!

I love you and have missed you terribly!!!!

Praising God for His faithfulness!

HUGS!
Jill

Mary Ann said...

I am dying for an update! Praying that everything is going well for you all!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!!