; Our Joyful Blessings: Happy 4th Birthday To My Big Boy!!!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy 4th Birthday To My Big Boy!!!!







I still remember the day they placed my son J.R. into my arms for the very first time. He was 10 months old and all of 12 lbs, shaved head, big ears wearing a "South Beach" tshirt, blue pants and sneakers two sizes too small (basically newborn shoes). I remember thinking "oh my gosh" this baby looks nothing like the pictures I was given, but he looked at me the very first time, studied my face and just smiled. I knew then we would have a very special bond and I was so right. I posted our first picture together and one taken today!

My son is now four years old has been home three and a half years and weighs 34 lbs. He's happy, healthy, tender, caring, smart and well I can go on forever. He is one special little boy with a really big heart. I can't describe how much I love him, there are just no words to explain how I feel. I can just thank the Lord above that He chose us to be his parents. Thank you my dear God for giving me this very special gift.

He wanted Alexis (our 10 year old) to bake his cake and so she did! LOL... When he blew out his candle he wished for "snow"??? Yeah, in Florida no less... LOL... Well, maybe he'll get his wish when we take him back to North Carolina for a visit in the winter!

Anyhow here are some pictures of my beautiful child...

5 comments:

Jill LIVING TO DO HIS WILL said...

Oh precious JR! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY!

We love you and miss you!

Wishing you a wonderful birthday and year!

Aunt Jill

theonewhere said...

i still remember seeing his picture when he was a baby and thinking he had the cutest cheeks i had ever seen. :) well, they are still adorable...and so is he! happy birthday j.r!

brook

Mary Ann said...

Happy 4th Birthday JR. You sure are a cutie pie!!! I am just getting caught up on your blog. It has been crazy this summer and I have not had much time to spend blogging these days. I was so excited to read about your wonderful news! Praise God !!! Considering all that was pretty quick. Your daughter is beautiful! Stop by and say hi sometime (on my blog). Blessings.

Kim said...

Wishing JR a happy belated birthday! He just glows when he smiles - what a beautiful child!

Kim (Hector's mom)

Ana said...

Happy Birthday --- very late in the game!!!

Hoping your wish comes true..."snow"!