; Our Joyful Blessings: We Have Travel Dates!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

We Have Travel Dates!

We received our Embassy appointment date today, it's set for August 26th. This means I will be leaving on Saturday, August 22nd and will arrive in Ethiopia at 7pm the next day! I don't know how I'm going to survive so many hours in the air. I HATE flying and this is just one of those darn fears I've never been able to overcome very well.

The one thing that makes me ok with the entire flying situation is knowing that I will be able to finally meet our daughter and be done with the process!

I will be staying at our agency's guesthouse called Ritmo. They will be picking me up on Monday morning and taking me to the orphanage. Letarik will be able to stay with me from Tuesday on. They have had better experiences with kids spending the day with their new parents on the first day and going to the guest house on the second day.

I'll be taking some donations for the orphanage. They are requesting jeans and sneakers for kids ranging from 5 years to 14 years of age.

I'm excited and nervous!!!!

3 comments:

Jill LIVING TO DO HIS WILL said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PRAISE GOD!

I can't wait to meet my neice!

I will be praying over every hour of your flight! You will do great because God Himself will be flying that PLANE!

I LOVE YOU!
Jill

Our journey following Christ said...

I am so happy for your travel date!!! Next month...yea!

We also will be praying for flight and entire trip while you're gone. You're right...the flight is unbearable except for the fact that you're meeting your daughter. It makes it all worth it!

Congratulations on your travel date!

Blessings,
Laura

Ana said...

Congratulations!!!!

Trusting in God's mercies, grace and peace as you fly to pick up Letarik. God has carried you this far....He will finish what He started!

Hugs to you!!!

Ana