; Our Joyful Blessings: Faith Must Prevail!

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Faith Must Prevail!

Seven Day Count Down


Our soon to be daughter’s adoption case will be heard in an Ethiopian court in just seven short days. As I ponder the possibilities of our court decision, my newly found faith takes over. Just a few short years ago I would have prayed for our case to pass and my prayers would focus on my personal wants, needs and agenda. All those self wanting needs have turned to something different. I now pray for the Lord to place His all-mighty hands on our case and to allow our case to pass if it is His perfect time for her to join our family within a few months.

Many things have become very clear to me in the last few months. The first would be that He has guided our lives towards adoption. He has ensured that I witness His true miracles in so many ways. Our two son’s adoptions were done because of His will. I struggled with our son J.R.’s delayed case, my need to be in total control, but He needed that to happen so I would establish a wonderful relationship with the attorney during that drooling hurtful wait. I later assisted this Guatemalan attorney with the placement of TEN Guatemalan children including my son Julian without the use of an agency.

Our decision to adopt from Ethiopia was surprising to many of our friends and family (they should have learned to never underestimate us!) Our family is large we both have extremely demanding professional careers and care for handicapped parents. However, the Lord touched us and once again, and we responded by requesting to adopt an infant girl. Our initial plans were shaken up when He again spoke to me and lead me to an older waiting child. The idea adopting an older child was something I would have NEVER considered several years ago. The possibility of raising a pre-teen with possible attachment issues would not have “fit” into MY plans.

Well, here we are today, as I sit here praying for Him to place His hands on our adoption and that He affords me the opportunity of traveling to Africa to met and bring home our 11 year old daughter. He, however, wanted me to understand that this was not about me. Once again, He directs my attention to the fact that this is His plan and not ours. On Sunday night I received a wonderful woman that adopted Letarik’s friend in Ethiopia. She was someone that I had met via our agency’s yahoo group and have been communicating with since we began our adoption. She has afforded me valuable information, has sent me amazing pictures of our daughter and has been a great source of support. Well, she advises me that she received a phone call from a family asking her about older children adoptions. She wrote that this family had fallen in love with a waiting child at the beginning of this year. They had begun their paperwork when tragedy struck their family. They suffered a devastating house fire that required their adoption be placed on hold! Guess who the child they feel in love with was? Yes, that’s right it was Letarik! They diligently prayed for God to find this girl a family that would be able to proceed with her adoption. This happened April 2nd and we accepted her referral April 10th. God’s hand was all over this!!!!

I was provided that families blog addy www.ifyoutrulybelieve.blogspot.com and was told to read their entry. My best friend (sister) had posted a prayer request in her amazing blog. This family had found her blog and read that prayer and were shocked to find that Letarik now had a family waiting to bring her home. I was able to email them and provided them some closure. They are now finishing their home repairs and actively trying to complete their home study process as they are still going to proceed with an older girl adoption. The daughter God wants them to have.

So, yes, as I sit anxiously awaiting our June 30th court date, I ask for everyone's prayers and I remind myself that His perfect plan will overcome anything. She will join our family on His perfect timing.

3 comments:

Ana M-H said...

Bibi, this entry was beautiful. May HIS plan bring her home sooner than later but if not, I'm here to hold your hand during the wait. You held mine enough during my wait. You gave me so much wisdom and guidance. Love you. Ana

Our journey following Christ said...

We are praying every day for a successful day in court. But you are absolutely right, God's timing IS perfect and He knows the beginning from the end and all the things we cannot see.

I praise God that Letarik has you and your family to soon become part of. What a blessed little girl!

Continuing to trust Him,
Your friend Laura

Ana said...

Bibi,

As I read your post tonight and have been thinking of our recent "chats", I can tell you in my spirit that God is doing a mighty work in YOU and that He wants to show Himself FAITHFUL to YOU.

There is something He is doing in your life. There is something that is bigger than you or I. And He is working something in YOU that is great!

God is taking your faithfulness, your openness, your heart and your desires and is going to be a huge blessing. The lessons you learn through this process are going to be far reaching.

God's timing is incredible. Letarik was placed with another family before you but tragedy struck their lives. God did not get ruffled, stress out or worried. He had a plan for Letarik and He did not forget her. He knew that there would be a family for her and that it was just a matter of time before that family was ready.

God knew and God knows. Letarik has been held in His hand and He is guarding after her.

Trust Him that as He has made sure to protect and keep Letarik safe, He will make a way for her to come HOME in His perfect timing.

Big hug to you!!!

~ana