; Our Joyful Blessings: A Wonderful Weekend!

Monday, March 16, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend!

As expected this past weekend was filled with overwhelming joy! I woke up early Thursday morning, packed up the mini-van and took off to Orlando. We arrived at Fort Wilderness at around 11:15 am, we checked in, dropped our stuff off at the cabin and proceeded to the airport to pick up Jill and the girls.


Jill and the girls where the highlight of our trip. It was so wonderful to spend quality time with them. We hit EPCOT first, we arrived at EPCOT at around 2:30 pm and walked the entire park by the end of the night. EPCOT is an amazing place, my favorite Disney park by far. We did the Magic Kingdom on Friday and lastly visited Hollywood Studios on Saturday.

Here are my favorite pictures of our trip.













Now for an adoption update!!!!







We sent in our dossier today!!! Yes, you read correctly, we completed our dossier and sent it into AAI today. Now it'll need to go to the Ethiopian Embassy in Washington, D.C. for authentication and then it'll be sent to Ethiopia and we will be "officially" waiting for our referral!!! We are getting there and we are now one step closer to Anaya..

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

Looks like you had a wonderful trip!! My prayers are with you for s smooth adoption process!

Unknown said...

How did you get the pics up before me? LOL!

Don't forget to send them to me :)

I will work on that tomorrow for you too!

I love you and our time together was definitely the highlight of the trip for me too! I miss you already and the kids. Please give them a hug from all of us!

You wouldn't have a favorite of mine would you??????

Love that picture of JR and Prince Caspian. Precious!

Praising God that your dossier is on its way!!!!!!

Hugs and love - Your little Sis!

Heather said...

looks like a great trip!
you are so fast with the dossier!!
you guys are going to end up getting your placement months before we do! it will take me at least 2 months to put our dossier together, being a first timer and all.

The Pastoor Family said...

I found your blog by "blog surfing"! We are with AAI too and submitted our dossier on Feb. 28. Our papers should be returning any day from the State dept/Embassy and then our dossier will be on its way to Ethiopia! We are requesting a girl under 2 so it looks like we might be in for the same wait time??

I love your blog, by the way :)
Wendy

Mary Ann said...

Yay! How exciting! I am praying for you all! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! How special to have a friend like that! Cherish these special times together!

Kim said...

Sounds like you had a great trip, Bibi, and the dossier completion is exciting as well. Have a great week!

Kim (Hector's mom)

Candy said...

HOW AWESOME....I LOVE HER NAME ALREADY and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER FACE! I know you had a BLAST at Disnbe ey....looks like we will back in ORLANDO the end of April. Thanks for the INVITE...I am TRYING to get ready to go PRIVATE...and Figure out where the heck we are going to be living all while on the road most of the time...AHHHHHH