; Our Joyful Blessings: As Promised....

Thursday, March 5, 2009

As Promised....

We wanted to make sure she kept her African heritage, as well as adding some of our Spanish culture... I searched for a name that had true meaning. "Anaya" is an African name that means "prayer answered by God" or "look up to God". This meaning spoke volumes to me and my mothers middle name is Isabel..

The mere fact that my husband wanted to adopt again is a miracle and a prayer that was answered by God.

So her name will be....


9 comments:

Unknown said...

A beautiful answer to prayer and she will be blessed by God's love!

Can't wait to meet my newest neice!

Love you!
Jill

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful! I love it and can't wait to see her picture!

Melinda said...

Congratulations on your newest adoption process. I love the name, beautiful. We just got home with our 9 year old and used the same agency you are with. I found your blog on the ethiopian adoption yahoo group.

happykosmo said...

A long time lurker here from a.com. Had to jump in and tell you what a beautiful name and so excited for you.

Maria and Family said...

I love the name!! So glad you emailed me. Your family is beautiful! My youngest is Isabella-Maria :) Looking forward to following your journey!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful and special name -I cant wait to hear all about the beautiful little person that goes with it! So exciting!! Sheri

Mama Bunny said...

Bibi,

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful name!

Ashley

Unknown said...

as an adoptee, it makes me feel such joy to hear about how elated your family is to adopt another child. because i am biracial i know the importance of culture and i am glad that you are working toward bringing both of the cultures for your daughter!

bless

theonewhere said...

i love it! :)
brook