; Our Joyful Blessings: Bad Blogger!!

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Bad Blogger!!

I admit I've been a very bad blogger lately. I apologize for not keeping our family blog updated but it's been really difficult to find some "me" time lately. By the time I'm done with homework, baths and dinner it's usually really too late to sit and type about anything. Anyhow here's an update of what our family has been up to:

The girls and I went and visited Aunt Jill for three days in October. Anaya got to meet all the kids and I finally met Gabriel (Oh my goodness what a gorgeous child)!!!

Alexis turned 11 on October 27th.

We have a new puppy, he's a tiny Maltese 12 weeks old and his name is Casper.

Anaya's re-adoption or "domestication of foreign adoption" was completed on November 5th!!! She's officially Anaya and she's officially 10!!!!

Julian has grown about 2 inches in less than six months. He's two years old and is 37 1/2 inches tall and weighs a whooping 38.5 lbs!

J.R. started the Voluntary Pre Kindergarten program, which means he goes to school from 9:00 am and finishes at 12:00 noon. He's working on learning how to write his name!

The kids all took swimming lessons and now all know how to swim, yes, this includes Julian and J.R. Julian is an awesome swimmer, the boy has a mean front stroke! It's really funny to watch him swim, he's super strong and hardly kicks his feet, his upper body just propels him... It's the cutest thing to watch.

Well, that kinda brings everyone up on what's going on... We are very happy that Anaya has blended so well with the family and hasn't had any issues adjusting to us. We are all in awe of how she's done. She's almost at grade level and is enjoying everything moment of everyday!

I promise to post some pictures sometime next week. I even have a cute little video of Julian and J.R. swimming!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you - and I better see that video before it makes it debut here!

LOL!

I'm emailing photos to you soon!

Hugs to you and praying you are all feeling better today!
Jill

nancy said...

Glad to read your update, as I was anxious to hear more about how your awesome new daughter was blending into your family. What a gift! Adopting older kids, we of course miss those early years. But when we're already doing the older kid thing in our homes, they seem to get right in step and "follow along" with the rest of the crew. I've always appreciated how the last one matures once the new one comes home. Since our last will remain our last, this child will have to learn on her own that the world does not revolve around her. She's come a long way and is a gorgeous, happy child (most of the time), but if we had more courage and were ten years younger, it would be good for her not to remain the "baby" of the family (at 13yrs old). She'll have to figure it out amongst the rest of us, without a younger sibling, I'm afraid.
nancy in the midwest

A.L. Zaun said...

Hello Bad Blogger, this is Slacker Blogger! I too have been bad with updating my blog and keeping in touch with some very dear friends -- ((clearing my throat!!!)).

Glad to hear that all is well. We need to get together soon! I might have to put an APB out on you!! :-)

Big hug to you and your lovely family!!!

Ana