; Our Joyful Blessings: Valentines Day Weekend..

Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentines Day Weekend..

We had a very nice weekend.. It began with a very terrific dinner on Valentines Day. We went to a local restaurant in Weston called Braseros. We went with another couple who we enjoy spending time with. They had a special menu for that day which included a very appealing appetizer, lobster bisque, a lobster tail, a filet and a special desert. We stayed there for about three hours and had a wonderful time.

Sunday was indeed a magical day for us. We attended a special service being held for law enforcement officers at a Missonary Baptist Church down south. The special service was being held in honor of Black History Month. We were very moved by the service which was headed by one of our Department's Chaplins Rev. Richardson. It was a true testament of faith and what it meant to be a Christian and how much God loves us. He spoke about confrontational love and how God touches our lives by means of confrontational love. We sometimes do not understand the purpose behind some of the trials we are faced with on a daily basis, but we must confront them and not ask why, just be aware that God is utilizing us for a reason. This was so very true and hit home in so many ways. The best gift I could have received came in the form of us finding the need to seek spiritual guidance. I am happy to say that our family will begin attending a local church on a weekly basis and we will rejoice in God's name and thank Him for the many blessings we receive on a daily basis!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The heavens are singing Hallelujah!!!!!

So am I! I'm so excited to hear this blessed news and know God will do wonderful works in your lives as a family seeking His will!

God hears and answers our prayers!

I love you! You know I'm thrilled for you and can't wait to hear all the details! Praising God for this mighty work already!

xoxox Jill (your little PROUD sis!)

Ana said...

Hey Bibi!!!

So happy that you had a wonderful time this past weekend!

Yes God is absolutely wonderful and His love for us...unconditional and immeasureable.

Kim said...

Hi Bibi - I didn't see your "About Me" to contact you in another way but I wanted to let you know that your blog site has been an inspiration for me...Your site is what I was looking for in a layout forever...it gave me hope that I could really make my own. Just wanted to thank you for your awesome taste and creativity. Here's the site that I designed after finding yours - www.rittercoolschool.blogspot.com
Hope you don't mind!!!